Pasta salad with lentils and zucchini
- 450g boiled pasta
- 200g lentils (boiled in salted water and drained)
- 2 medium zucchini (80g aprox.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh spearmint, finely chopped
- 2 fresh onions (30g)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (40g)
- some cinnamon, clove, grounded ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- juice of 1/2 lemon and its zest
- salt, pepper
In a large platter put the lentils and add the cinnamon, clove, ginger, salt, pepper,
2 tablespoons olive oil and half lemon juice.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Finely shred the zucchini and saute in a non-stick frying pan until they wither.
Chop finely the onions.
In the lentils platter add the onions, sauteed zucchini and pasta.
In another bowl mix the olive oil, spearmint, rest of lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the solid ingredients with the sauce and stir.
Serve in 6 portions.
For more fibers we can use wholewheat pasta!!!
Nutrition information – per 125g portion
Energy: 274 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33,1 g
Proteins: 7,6 g
Fat: 12,8 g