Au gratin red pumpkin with leek
- 1100 g red pumpkin
- 3-4 leeks (peeled 550g)
- 2 fresh onions
- 1 cup or 200ml heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- 250 g gouda cheese shredded
- 200g all-purpose flour (gluten-free)
- fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- minimum olive oil for sauteing (it is not needed if we use non-stick frying pan)
Autumn’s vegetables were never more delicious and aromatic.
Fresh sage gives this recipe’s special flavor. Red pumpkin combines with delicious sweet leek and with the sage gives us a loved and aromatic meal.
Prefer adding organic free-range eggs so to have a rich in nutrients and tasteful souffle.
This is a very easy recipe, as you will only need one fork or one stirrer.
You will love this gratin!
Chop the leeks finely
Add the pumpkin in two ways:
1. Cut the pumpkin and bake at 180C degrees for about 20 minutes. Set it aside. Saute the leeks with some olive oil in a saucepan
or in a frying pan, until they are soften. Set aside to cool.
2. Shred the pumpkin and saute along with the leeks in the same pot. As soon as the most of the moist evaporates and the leeks are caramelized, allow them cool. (see the second way in the photos below).
In a bowl, add the 5 eggs and stir with a stirrer.
Add the heavy cream, cheese, chopped fresh sage and season with salt and pepper.
Add the leeks and pumpkin in the moist mixture and stir.
Spread the mixture in a non-stick or greased pan.
Bake at 180C degrees, Fan, for 30 minutes.
This gratin it is fluffy but very aromatic and very tasteful.
It will not rise significantly. That’s why you can enjoy it hot or/and warm.
A balanced gratin with an easily managed calorific value.
Enjoy it in a festive meal without guilts!
TIP: You can also add white pumpkin along with the red.
Nutritional information per 100 g
Energy / calories: 109.43 kcal
Proteins: 4.56 g
Carbohydrates: 7.70 g
Fat: 6.48 g